QT Configurator for Windows cross-toolchains
This tool allows you to configure QT tools to build Linux executables (e.g. for Raspberry PI) on your Windows machine using a cross-compiler. This will improve your compilation speed a lot if your Windows machine is faster than your Linux box:
|You can download the QT Configurator tool here: QTCrossTool.zip||Download|
In order to setup your build environment you will need the following tools:
- QT 4.x installed on your Linux box
- The same version of QT for MinGW installed on your Windows machine
- A cross-compilation toolchain (e.g. a Raspberry PI toolchain or a Beaglebone toolchain).
Once all the prerequisites are installed, follow the steps below to configure cross-compilation of QT apps:
- Download and unpack QtCrossTool.zip.Run QtCrossTool.exe.
- Specify the path to the QMake tool from your QT installation, the GCC compiler from your cross-compilation toolchain and select the remote machine where you intend to run your binaries:
- Once you have specified all the paths, press "Prepare cross-toolchain". QtCrossTool will start downloading QT headers and libraries from your remote machine:
- Once the download is complete, QtCrossTool will setup the files necessary to build your QT apps from Windows and show the build instructions:
- Now it's the time to test the cross-compilation. Download and unpack a sample basic QT project or create your own one.
- Go to your project directory and run the following
<cross-toolchain path>\bin\qmake.bat <project name>.pro
- Your app will be built and placed into the Debug
directory. Upload it to your Linux box and run it. The
easiest way to do it is to connect to your Linux box using
drag-and-drop your binary to a SmarTTY window (it will be
uploaded to the open directory) and run the
following commands:chmod a+x ./<Binary name>
QtCrossTool is free for commercial and non-commercial use.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.